- Denish Patel
- 5th December 2015
- conference, postgresql
While casual discussions with Postgres users at conference and/or online, I came across this question for at least 3-4 times; “Is there a Slack channel for Postgres?” The answer was “No”.
The idea of bringing up Slack channel was cooking in my mind for a long time but i did not have time to execute it! Now, I have brought up Postgres Team Slack channel in end of Nov 2015 and there are already 100+ users in the channel. You can sign up here http://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com/
Following are the benefits you will get by connecting to Slack channel:
- If you are using Slack for other communication, it will be easier for you to bring up another company/team on the Slack application.
- Slack provides integration with number of services i.e Twitter with #postgres and #postgresql hashtags, postgres weekly news and @postgres Twitter handle messages
- I’m yet to integrate Slack with Postgres gitrepo because I don’t have access to add post-commit hook on the gitrepo. Please email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can help me to setup integration for Postgres gitrepo . I will provide instruction and web hook url to add into github repo settings.
- You can access Slack from your mobile devices
- If you aren’t connected, you still have history of the chat
Hope, this channel will be useful to drive more people to discuss postgres at scale!!
If you are already using Postgres IRC channel, I’m not insisting you to use this new slack channel. I have come up with slack channel for mainly for slack users who are already using it for other purposes! Thanks for understanding.
- Connection Scaling
- PSQL Helper: Managing Connections and Simplifying Queries
- Vacuum Those MVs!
- Working With Repmgr: Using Other 3rd Party Tools for Setting up a Standby
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: dag, standby rebooted again!
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: what happened to the stats?
- How to set application_name for psql command line utility?
- Is there a limit on number of partitions handled by Postgres?
- Postgres 11 partitioning
- Audit logging with Postgres partitioning