- Denish Patel
- 11th November 2011
PostgreSQL community is thriving by people, those helps to build new tools, give it back to community for re-use and providing helping hands to test the tools. Here are some of my suggested list of tools which could help to finish your job efficiently and on time!!
Some of the tools includes:
- table growth report
- pg_log monitor
- bloat reports
- system monitoring
- compact table
- blocked queries
2. OMNIpitr Advanced WAL File Management Tools for PostgreSQL. This tool helps to handle HA processes efficiently to manage wal shipping, restore & removal , online backup on slave and/or master.
3. bucardo.org also includes mission critial tools:
- Asynchronous PostgreSQL Replication System
- Nagios-Friendly PostgreSQL Database Checking Script
- Wiki-Ready Query Reports
- Monitor log files
- Gather system information
4. repmgr: it allows you to monitor and manage high availability part of PostgreSQL databases (9.0+) installation.
5. pg_reorg: it allows you to rebuild Bloated tables online. Review these slides to understand how it works.
6. RubyRep : Components of this tool set can help you compare and sync two tables or even two databases.
I would love to know tools used by you for managing PostgreSQL database server which are missing from my PostgreSQL handyman too-lset !!
Hopefully, these tools will make your next task easy!! If you find bug, don’t hesitate to report to send out email to relevant tool maintainer with error or suggestion or patch with bug fix.
DISCLAIMER: use any of listed tool on production at your own risk.
- Vacuum Those MVs!
- Working With Repmgr: Using Other 3rd Party Tools for Setting up a Standby
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: dag, standby rebooted again!
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: what happened to the stats?
- How to set application_name for psql command line utility?
- Is there a limit on number of partitions handled by Postgres?
- Postgres 11 partitioning
- Audit logging with Postgres partitioning
- Audit logging using JSONB in Postgres
- Connecting Postgres to Active Directory for Authentication