- Denish Patel
- 28th October 2010
If you are working in IT industry, you must have come across these terms RAID10 and RAID5.
Let’s learn about RAID…
RAID 10 = Combining features of RAID 0 + RAID 1. It provides optimization for fault tolerance. RAID 0 helps to increase performance by striping volume data across multiple disk drives. RAID 1 provides disk mirroring which duplicates your data.
In RAID5, 4th disk is used for parity bit.
Database: We choose RAID10 over RAID5 for better performance.
- Running VACUUM FULL in Non-blocking Mode
- Connection Scaling
- PSQL Helper: Managing Connections and Simplifying Queries
- Vacuum Those MVs!
- Working With Repmgr: Using Other 3rd Party Tools for Setting up a Standby
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: dag, standby rebooted again!
- Working with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL: what happened to the stats?
- How to set application_name for psql command line utility?
- Is there a limit on number of partitions handled by Postgres?
- Postgres 11 partitioning